We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Stepping into Syncfusion Source Code

I am trying to debug a problem and would like to use the debugger to step into the GridGroupingControl source code. I have used the Assembly Manager to set the configuration to "User Debug" and rebuilt the debug version of the Essential Studio binaries. However, when I try to step into (F11) the code for GridGroupingControl''s constructor, the debugger steps around, rather than into, the code. What is the correct way to do this? Thanks, Van Baker

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 22, 2005 04:32 PM UTC

Are you running 3.2 code or earlier? The earlier code, I think you should be able to handle things with the assembly mananger. But with 3.2 on systems that have multiple multiple .NET Frameworks versions installed, the Assembly Manager can fail to properly build the debug versions. One thing you can do is to just add the proper project file from Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Src and Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Base\Grid.Grouping.Base\Src to your solution, and then reference the project directly. You can also add the Grid.Base and Grid.Windows project files as well. This should allow you to step into the gridgrouping code (unless there happens to be a DebuggerStepThrough attribute set on some method you are trying to step through.)

VB vbaker August 22, 2005 05:23 PM UTC

Thanks, Clay. I am using 3.3RC. I did not realize that there was an issue with the Assembly Manager for 3.2+ debug mode. Using your hints, I did discover another quick way to enable source-level debugging. It appears that the Assembly Manager does actually build the debug versions and by referencing the .pdb file path in my solution, the source code location is defined. For my case, I just added the following line to my solution''s Common Properties/Debug Symbol Files path: C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1 Thanks for your help. --Van Baker >Are you running 3.2 code or earlier? The earlier code, I think you should be able to handle things with the assembly mananger. But with 3.2 on systems that have multiple multiple .NET Frameworks versions installed, the Assembly Manager can fail to properly build the debug versions. > >One thing you can do is to just add the proper project file from Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Src and Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Base\Grid.Grouping.Base\Src to your solution, and then reference the project directly. You can also add the Grid.Base and Grid.Windows project files as well. This should allow you to step into the gridgrouping code (unless there happens to be a DebuggerStepThrough attribute set on some method you are trying to step through.)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon