We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Unable to perform grid editing

Hi I am facing a problem with grids though it is not easily reproducible. I am using a virtual grid. During testing, sometimes after clicking on a cell, the celltext gets selected but I am unable to change the text. Somehow none of the keyboard inputs seem to work. Hitting escape seems to make the editing enabled again. I am using a virtual grid and populating the cellvalues in QueryCellInfo. Some of my project mates faced the same issue in their grids and found that in databoundgrid if we directly try to assign values to the grid''s cell instead of assigning values to the datatable this issue is encountered. They modified their code to always update the datatable instead of the grid cells. I , however, am using a control grid in virtual mode and assign all values in QueryCellInfo. Do you have any ideas why such a thing could happen? And how come hitting ESC seems to solve the issue? Please do let me know. Thanks Srividya

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 20, 2005 12:37 AM UTC

What version are you using? You mught want to try the 3.3 RC version to see if you see the problem there. Are you seeing any exceptions being shown in your output window when the problem occurs? Are you calling CurrentCell.Lock? Or, do you have calls to grid.BeginUpdate that do not have a matching grid.EndUpdate? Is your datasource being changed outside the grid? If you are typing into a cell, and the corresponding value in your DataSource changes, this change will be overwritten when you leave the current cell. What grid events are you handling other than QueryCellInfo and SaveCellInfo? These events might be affecting this problem. Do you have any custom celltypes? Are you using the default "TextBox" CellType? If you can post a sample showing the problem, we can try to debug it here.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon