We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion Assembly Manager Error

If I try to install the Syncfusion Essential Studio 3.2.1.0, I get following error message: --------------------------- Syncfusion Assembly Manager --------------------------- There was an error updating at least one Syncfusion assembly. A log file describing the exception has been placed at "D:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Utilities\Assembly Manager\2003\assemblymanager_error.log Please close any process that may be using the assembly and run this utility (The Syncfusion Assembly Manager) again. If the problem persists, please contact Syncfusion Technical Support (support@syncfusion.com). We apologize for the incovenience. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- The log file contains following: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.On_Ok(Object sender, EventArgs e) at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.OnIdle(Object obj, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef) at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(Form form) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog() at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.Main(String[] args) I checked the assembly cache, following two assemblies are installed: * Syncfusion.Compression.Base * Syncfusion.WebServer Then I tried to install it with the Assembly Manager, but I get the same exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.On_Ok(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) Additional Issue: In the Assembly Manager the check box "Update VS.NET 2005 Toolbox" is greyed (only "...2003..." is enabled). But I habe VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 Beta 2 installed. Reinstallation (with and without uninstall) doesn''t solve the problems.

1 Reply

EM Edward Meyer November 13, 2005 06:18 PM UTC

I have the exact same problem. I try to re-install many times but it doesn''t fix the problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon