We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

''BarManagerConverter'' is unable to convert...

Hi, I have an MDI parent form that has a Docking Manager and a MainFrameBarManager on it. I have two imagelists (small and large) that are associated with the docking manager, but not with the bar manager. The imagelist and the docking manager were added to the form before the bar manager. The problem is that I need to modify the imagelists (adding new icons etc). It appears that, if I make ANY change to the imagelists, the bar manager fails to work. I get the following errrors. ''BarManagerConverter'' is unable to convert ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MainFrameBarManager'' to ''System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.InstanceDescriptor''. ''BarTypeConverter'' is unable to convert ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.Bar'' to ''System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.InstanceDescriptor''. c:\Damien\Projects\Berri Order Promising Workbench\Berri Order Promising Workbench\Order Promising Workbench\Forms\frmMDIParent2.cs(30): The private field ''Order_Promising_Workbench.frmMDIParent.bar1'' is never used c:\Damien\Projects\Berri Order Promising Workbench\Berri Order Promising Workbench\Order Promising Workbench\Forms\frmMDIParent2.cs(29): The private field ''Order_Promising_Workbench.frmMDIParent.mainFrameBarManager1'' is never used It appears that the bar control is ''half'' dissappearing. If I ''deal with'' the 3rd and 4th errors (by basically deleting the offending lines that were pointing to it), build and compile, the application runs without the toolbar. Can someone please point me in the right direction to figuring this out? I''m using Syncfusion.Tools.Windows Version 3.201.1.0. Thanks very much in advance for your help. Damien Sawyer

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2005 01:36 PM UTC

Hi Damien, I have tested this issue with our latest build (v3.3) and was not able to see the problem. I have attached the sample used for testing. Please modify the sample and send it so that we could investigate it. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Ebenezer.P ImageList_8145.zip

DS Damien Sawyer August 18, 2005 10:18 PM UTC

Hi Ebenezer, Thanks very much for looking at that for me. I recoginsed the error as being similar to one that you helped me with a couple of weeks ago - namely http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=32257 When I set Copy Local = false, I''m very happy to say that the problem went away. The thing is, I would have thought that the assemblies would be updated by now. Why am I still seeing this issue? I pretty much need to have copy local=true, to ease distribution. Is there any way to get around this? Thanks very much for your help. Damien Sawyer

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon