We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockManager, design time, how to make stacked managed controls visible

I have several panels which are under the control of a docking manager. Some are in a docked tab group at the left and the remainder in a docked tab group at the right. I want this layout to be done at design time as the default non-persisted state/reset state. Unfortunately, because these are docked groups the panels at either side are stacked one upon the other so I only see the topmost at either side. I wish to be able to bring the hidden panels to the front. This is not possible with the "bring-to-front" feature of Studio. I don''t want to continually make these undockable, edit them, then re-dock them. Is there another way to do it? Additionally, is there a way of setting the stacked (ie same tab group) panel widths individually different at design time?

4 Replies

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team August 16, 2005 12:57 PM UTC

Hi, 1. We have a method ActivateControl() to activate the docked control and it brings the control to front. Please take a look at this sample and let me know if you have any questions. 2. I am afraid, I am not able to understand your problem correctly here. Could you please provide me with more information about "stacked panel widths"?. This will help us to give the solution exactly. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion product. Thanks, Vijay.

HG Hamish Gunn August 16, 2005 02:22 PM UTC

I''d like to do this at Design time not run time, I''m sorry if I didn''t make that clear. I looked at your sample. The first thing I noticed was that when you drag a panel''s window header onto another panel''s window header, the outline of a tab page appears. When I do this in my application I see a rectangular outline but no tab. What''s wrong here? I think I need to solve that first because that seems to be the problem. In your example, at design time, you press the tab of the appropriate panel to make it come to the front. But in mine there are no tabs at the bottom. Each panel sits on top of the other. When I drag the window to dock it to the side at run time I see two tabs at the side, but not when the window floats.

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team August 17, 2005 10:32 AM UTC

Hi, I am afraid it is very difficult to investigate this issue without a test sample. I would appreciate it, if you could create a test sample and send it over to us. If you wish to maintain the confidentiality of your sample, please create a Direct-Trac incident in this regard and mention the link to this forum post. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your patience. Regards Vijay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2005 01:49 PM UTC

OK - I found the problem. I had set the DockTabHeight of the DockingManager to 1. This meant at design time I couldn''t select it to choose the panels belonging to that tabbed collection (there was no tab to select).

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon