We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Why can't I add records when bound to a check box?

I have a form set up with some text boxes which bind very effectively to a dataset. I have a group of 5 check boxes inside of a GroupBox that bind well when viewing their value, but when I go to add a new record to the DataSet, the updated text box where I display the record count shows that the record is being added, but I am unable to access it. When I unbind the check boxes, everything is fine and I can add records all day long with no errors. I am connected to an Access database that uses "Yes/No" data types, whereas the XSD schema uses "Boolean". I figure this isn't a problem, but at this point, it's all I've got left. Thanks for any help you can give me.

1 Reply

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team June 4, 2002 03:42 PM UTC

You might try changing how you have the ThreeState property set on your checkbox to see if that will change this behavior. If you database accepts null values for this entry, then I think the ThreeState property should be true. If you database does not accept nulls, then it probably should be false.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon