We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Preparing upgrade from 2.1.0.9 to 3.2.1.0

I''m preparing the estimates for upgrading my application from Grid & Tools version 2.1.0.9 to 3.2.1.0. 1) Can these two versions co-exist on a machine? 2) What steps need to be performed to update the license.licx files? Thanks!

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 13, 2005 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Lori, yes - the two versions can coexist. But you need to use the assembly manager that ships with 3.2.1.0 to switch between the two versions. With regard to licensing: Make sure you add Syncfusion.Core as referenced assembly to your project. The licx should contain a line Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core. No version is needed there. No other Syncfusion controls need to be in the licx file - that one line licenses all syncfusion controls. There is also a "LicenseEnabler" utility in the start menu that you can use to convert to 3.2.1.0 licensing for your existing projects. Stefan >I''m preparing the estimates for upgrading my application from Grid & Tools version 2.1.0.9 to 3.2.1.0. > > 1) Can these two versions co-exist on a machine? > 2) What steps need to be performed to update the license.licx files? > >Thanks!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon