We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

3.0.1.0 or 3.2.1.0

Greetings, We are planning an upgrade from 2.0.5.1 to a more recent version. We are mostly using GDBG and the Grouping Grid. After browsing Forums, I have noticed that too many people have had too many issues moving to 3.2.1.0. Supposedly, some issues have been resolved with 3.2.1.1 (which seems in turn introduced its own). We have quite a short timeframe and can not afford failing on this matter (another alternative is not to go for a higher release until late fall). Could anyone (Syncfusion, other users) advise if upgrading to 3.2.1.0 worth undertaking the effort, or may be 3.2.1.1 would be a better alternative. Would it be that opting for 3.0.1.0 at this time could be a better choice? Thanks in advance, everyone''s "two pennies" would be appreciated.

4 Replies

SH Sue Harris August 9, 2005 10:27 PM UTC

Hi, I would strongly recommend not upgrading at this point. I believe the version 3 series involved a lot of rewriting for Syncfusion which is why so many new bugs appeared (I could be wrong about that though). I upgraded from 2.1.0.9 to 3.2.1.0 some months back and have run into an extraordinary number of bugs and unexpected changes. The 3.2.1.1 didn''t seem to be a huge improvement over 3.2.1.0 either. I''m currently running with a beta version 3.3 which fixes some of the more irritating bugs, and it is starting to look like a fairly reasonable release (new bugwise anyway, I''m still waiting on the next version for a several important fixes). My advice to you would be to wait until the official 3.3 release and then do a trial upgrade (upgrading to 3.3 isn''t necessarily a small step). Cheers, Sue

IK Igor Kashtelyan August 10, 2005 08:19 PM UTC

Thanks Sue, much appreciated. I am wandering what would be Syncfusion''s response to my question. Looks like another posted message "accidently overlooked"... >Hi, >I would strongly recommend not upgrading at this point. I believe the version 3 series involved a lot of rewriting for Syncfusion which is why so many new bugs appeared (I could be wrong about that though). I upgraded from 2.1.0.9 to 3.2.1.0 some months back and have run into an extraordinary number of bugs and unexpected changes. The 3.2.1.1 didn''t seem to be a huge improvement over 3.2.1.0 either. I''m currently running with a beta version 3.3 which fixes some of the more irritating bugs, and it is starting to look like a fairly reasonable release (new bugwise anyway, I''m still waiting on the next version for a several important fixes). My advice to you would be to wait until the official 3.3 release and then do a trial upgrade (upgrading to 3.3 isn''t necessarily a small step). >Cheers, >Sue

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2005 09:24 PM UTC

Hi Igor, with the grid and grouping I would recommend upgrading to later version at anytime. Grid and Grouping has become much more stable with 3.2.1.0. And also further upgrade to upcoming 3.3 should be smooth. With 3.2.1.0 we made licensing much easier. One bigger change in grid was that when you were using the the grid designer and saved cell contents as resx files we changed that in 3.2.1.0 to save via code serialization directly into the form source code instead of resx. Most complaints we had were with the Tools product I think. Stefan >Thanks Sue, much appreciated. >I am wandering what would be Syncfusion''s response to my question. Looks like another posted message "accidently overlooked"... > >>Hi, >>I would strongly recommend not upgrading at this point. I believe the version 3 series involved a lot of rewriting for Syncfusion which is why so many new bugs appeared (I could be wrong about that though). I upgraded from 2.1.0.9 to 3.2.1.0 some months back and have run into an extraordinary number of bugs and unexpected changes. The 3.2.1.1 didn''t seem to be a huge improvement over 3.2.1.0 either. I''m currently running with a beta version 3.3 which fixes some of the more irritating bugs, and it is starting to look like a fairly reasonable release (new bugwise anyway, I''m still waiting on the next version for a several important fixes). My advice to you would be to wait until the official 3.3 release and then do a trial upgrade (upgrading to 3.3 isn''t necessarily a small step). >>Cheers, >>Sue

IK Igor Kashtelyan August 11, 2005 12:31 PM UTC

Thank you, Stephan. >Hi Igor, > >with the grid and grouping I would recommend upgrading to later version at anytime. Grid and Grouping has become much more stable with 3.2.1.0. And also further upgrade to upcoming 3.3 should be smooth. > >With 3.2.1.0 we made licensing much easier. > >One bigger change in grid was that when you were using the the grid designer and saved cell contents as resx files we changed that in 3.2.1.0 to save via code serialization directly into the form source code instead of resx. > >Most complaints we had were with the Tools product I think. > >Stefan > >>Thanks Sue, much appreciated. >>I am wandering what would be Syncfusion''s response to my question. Looks like another posted message "accidently overlooked"... >> >>>Hi, >>>I would strongly recommend not upgrading at this point. I believe the version 3 series involved a lot of rewriting for Syncfusion which is why so many new bugs appeared (I could be wrong about that though). I upgraded from 2.1.0.9 to 3.2.1.0 some months back and have run into an extraordinary number of bugs and unexpected changes. The 3.2.1.1 didn''t seem to be a huge improvement over 3.2.1.0 either. I''m currently running with a beta version 3.3 which fixes some of the more irritating bugs, and it is starting to look like a fairly reasonable release (new bugwise anyway, I''m still waiting on the next version for a several important fixes). My advice to you would be to wait until the official 3.3 release and then do a trial upgrade (upgrading to 3.3 isn''t necessarily a small step). >>>Cheers, >>>Sue

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon