We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Modifying the horizontal layout of a column chart

Hi, I would like to know is there a way to modify the horizontal layout a column chart. Modifying the horizontal layout such as: 1. modifying the gap between the Yaxis of the Chart and the First bar/point in the graph. 2. modifying the width of each of the bars/points in the graph. 3. modifying the positions of the bars/points in the Chart. Thanks, Atanu

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2005 05:40 PM UTC

Hi Atanu, Thank you for your interest in Essential Chart. I will describe the behavior for the questions you have asked with respect to the latest internal version of Essential Chart. I will also upload the latest assemblies so that you can test the behavior I am talking about. 1. The position of the first column: The position of the first column depends on the start value of the range and the value of the first position. The first column is drawn with one column (series 1) on the left of position 1 and one column (series 2) to the right of position 1 and the range starts at 0. 2. Width of each of the columns: The ColumnWidthMode property can be used to vary the width of each of the columns as desired. By defaut the width will be adjusted to fill the length of the x axis (with adjustments for the Spacing - see the next answer) ,the ColumnWidthMode is set to be second Y value for each point. 3. Space between the bars: This is specified through the ChartControl.Spacing property. 0 means no space and 100 means full space. The Spacing is set to be 0 (instead of the default 10). The sample and the assemblies are linked to below: F32853_ColumnChartSample_cs_6427.zip Thanks, Davis

AP Atanu Podder August 11, 2005 06:55 AM UTC

Hi, Davis, Thanks for the sample. But I am not able to run it in my local machine, errors I am getting 1. C:\F32853_ColumnChartSample_cs_6427\cs\licenses.licx Could not transform licenses file ''licenses.licx'' into a binary resource. (1) : error LC0003 : Unabled to resolve type ''Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core'' 2.C:\F32853_ColumnChartSample_cs_6427\cs\FormMain.cs(108): The designer cannot process the code at line 108: this.chartControl1.Legend.ItemsTextAligment = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.VerticalAlignment.Center; The code within the method ''InitializeComponent'' is generated by the designer and should not be manually modified. Please remove any changes and try opening the designer again. 3. C:\F32853_ColumnChartSample_cs_6427\cs\FormMain.cs(29): The type or namespace name ''ChartControl'' does not exist in the class or namespace ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart'' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Please suggest me on that. Aslo I would like to know, whta do I need to do to use the new version of the assembly. Thanks, Atanu

AP Atanu Podder August 11, 2005 07:00 AM UTC

Hi, again, I feel that was some reference issue, some how I am able to resolve it, but the program runs but a PopUp comes up and says "Unable to grant license for DesignTime". Suggest me on that.

AP Atanu Podder August 11, 2005 03:00 PM UTC

What do I need to do, If I want to use this internal version of the Chart? Current version I m using is "2.1.0.42".

AP Atanu Podder August 11, 2005 03:01 PM UTC

Hi, Also I would like to know, when this version will be released?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 12, 2005 07:37 AM UTC

Hi Atanu, Sorry for the delay in responding. The new version should be released within the next 24 hours. I will send you a note as soon as the build is available. Thanks, Davis

AP Atanu Podder August 12, 2005 01:06 PM UTC

Thanks, Davis, I will be looking forward to it.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 15, 2005 07:41 AM UTC

Hi, Davis, I would like to know the status of the release that you have promised. ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, HOW DO I MODIFY THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE "ChartControl" BORDERS AND THE AXISES? FOR EXAMPLE , I NEED TO MODIFY THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE LEFT BORDER OF THE "ChartControl" AND THE STARTING POINT OF THE X-AXIS AND ALSO THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE RIGHT BORDER OF THE "ChartControl" AND THE END POINT OF THE X-AXIS. OR SIMILARLY THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE BOTTOM BORDER OF THE "ChartControl" AND THE STARTING POINT OF THE Y-AXIS OR THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE TOP BORDER OF THE "ChartControl" AND THE END POINT OF THE Y-AXIS. Thanks, Atanu

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 15, 2005 10:07 PM UTC

Hi Atanu, You can download the build from: ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/essentialstudio/v3.3.0.0/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe To adjust the space between the border of the control and the axis, use the ChartAreaMargins property. Thanks, Davis

AP Atanu Podder August 16, 2005 03:46 PM UTC

Hey, Davis, Thanks a lot for the help.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon