We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GroupView AllowDragDrop

Hi, I have a GroupBar containing a GroupView. I would like to be able to drag and drop Text into the GroupView and then create a groupviewitem in the gvcGroupView_DragDrop event handler. It seems that this cannot be done as the DragDrop event is never called. The DragEnter event is fired but the DragDrop event is not. If I put a breakpoint in the gvcGroupView_DragEvent and step through then the gvcGroupView_DragDrop is called. Thanks

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2005 11:52 PM UTC

Hi Jason, Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I do see that the GroupView''s DragDrop event never gets triggered and have notified the development team in this regard. We have logged a bug report defect 587 on this issue and will try our very best to address the same at the earliest. You could track the progress of this bug fix at this link below : Defect #587 - The GroupView''s DragDrop event never gets triggered For now you could workaround this problem by handling the DragEnter and DragLeave events as shown below : tring draggedtext = ""; private void groupView1_DragEnter(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs e) { this.draggedtext = e.Data.GetData(typeof(string)) as string; } private void groupView1_DragLeave(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { Point pt = this.groupView1.PointToClient(Control.MousePosition); if (this.groupView1.ClientRectangle.Contains(pt)) { if (this.draggedtext != "") { GroupViewItem gvi = new GroupViewItem(); gvi.Text = this.draggedtext; this.groupView1.GroupViewItems.Add(gvi); } } this.draggedtext = ""; } I have attached a complete test sample that illustrates the above mentioned workaround. Please refer to it and let me know if this works for you. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JA Jason Allen August 10, 2005 07:59 AM UTC

Thanks for the workaround, it works. I have another outstanding request Direct-Trac 19447 which is fixed in the next release. Could you tell me what the release date is of version 3.3.0.0 Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2005 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Jason, Thanks for the update. We are glad that this issue is resolved. v3.3 RC is in its final stages of testing and we hope to bring it out in the next couple of days provided no major issues are detected. The final v3.3 release is scheduled a couple weeks after the RC release. We appreciate your patience and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon