We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

hierachical grid grouping rows grow exponentially

I have an asp.net grouping grid. I load and binds the data on page load method - if I do this my rows are repeated for every postback - if I don''t do this my drill down rows have no data. what is the solution ? regards, Sal

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2005 05:50 PM UTC

Hi Sal To data bind the ASP.NET Grid control you need to specify the appropriate DataSource and call DataBind() in the Web Form''s Page_Init() event. This is important as Init is the first step in the page''s life cycle and occurs when the page is initialized. Here is an example of how the WebForm''s Init would typically look in an Application using the GridControl: [C#] private void WebForm1_Init(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { this.oleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(this.dataSetCustomers1); //Add PrimaryKey to the PrimaryKeyColumns collection GridTableDescriptor mainTD = this.GridGroupingControl.TableDescriptor; mainTD.PrimaryKeyColumns.Add("CustomerID"); //Call DataBind this.GridGroupingControl.DataBind(); } Regards, Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon