We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

hierachical grid grouping rows grow exponentially

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

32793 Aug 8,2005 11:32 AM Aug 8,2005 01:50 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Grouping
Salvatore Lentini
Asked On August 8, 2005 11:32 AM

I have an asp.net grouping grid. I load and binds the data on page load method - if I do this my rows are repeated for every postback - if I don''t do this my drill down rows have no data. what is the solution ? regards, Sal

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 8, 2005 01:50 PM

Hi Sal To data bind the ASP.NET Grid control you need to specify the appropriate DataSource and call DataBind() in the Web Form''s Page_Init() event. This is important as Init is the first step in the page''s life cycle and occurs when the page is initialized. Here is an example of how the WebForm''s Init would typically look in an Application using the GridControl: [C#] private void WebForm1_Init(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { this.oleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(this.dataSetCustomers1); //Add PrimaryKey to the PrimaryKeyColumns collection GridTableDescriptor mainTD = this.GridGroupingControl.TableDescriptor; mainTD.PrimaryKeyColumns.Add("CustomerID"); //Call DataBind this.GridGroupingControl.DataBind(); } Regards, Arun

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;