We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

3.2.1.0 Intellisense features in Edit Control - Please help

I have been going in circles for about a week with this. I can find no relevant examples of how to work with the built in intellisense features of the 3.2.1.0 Edit Control. I have found how to show the contextchoice box, but thats all. How do I populate the list? How do I properly trigger the choice list at run time as the user is typing in the Edit Control? All code examples/samples etc etc seem to point to EC methods/properties/events that dont exist in the actual EC Object! Something somewhere is out of date (dlls or documentation). I have both 3.0 suite and 3.2 Studio installed. My project refers to the newer 3.2 edit control (not legacy) Any help on getting started with intellisense aspect would be GREATLY appreciated. regards, CR

3 Replies

CR CR July 27, 2005 07:13 PM UTC

OK, I can populate the list. What''s a good method of popping up the list when the user is typing? coding in VB.NET btw. thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 28, 2005 03:22 PM UTC

Hi CR, We regret the inconveniences caused here. The v3.2.1.0 EditControl does not have complete support for all the intellisense features. Only the ContextTooltip feature works fine in it. The ContextChoice and ContextPrompt features have been fully implemented only in the post v3.2.1.0 builds. Please open a Direct-Trac incident in this regard mentioning the link to this forum post, and I will update you with the download information for our latest internal build containing all the necessary documentation and samples required to use the intellisense features in Edit. Also, v3.3 build is in its final testing phase and we hope to bring out this release (which contains the intellisense features) shortly. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this issue. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 28, 2005 03:26 PM UTC

Hi CR, You might also want to take a look at the latest Essential Edit Userguide attached here that contains information on the intellisense features as well. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon