We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem with local formulas

Hi! Sorry for my English, I''m Russian programmer. Our company uses ExcelRW component for generated reports. In template worksheets some cells have formulas (Excel 2003, Russian Localization). When final report opens and when closes without any changes, Excel shows a dialog form in which asks user to recalculate sheets, what was created in other Excel version. How to squeeze this message. Thanks a lot for help!

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 27, 2005 10:33 PM UTC

Hi, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential XlsIO[Recently ranamed]. I was able to see the issue in spreadsheets saved using XlsIO and have filed a bug report with the development team. This is possibly happening since XlsIo does not save any version information [Like 97,2000,XP etc] so MS Excel 2003 is prmopting this dialog assuming that the file created by XlsIO is a older version. However, even when this issue gets fixed MS Excel would still display a different dialog which would prompt the user to save changes even if there were no changes made. This is unavoidable since XlsIO does not calculate the value of formulas, it need to set some flags which prompt MS Excel to calculate and update formulas when the user opens the generated spreadsheet using MS Excel. I will update you with more information when this issue is addressed. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi! Sorry for my English, I''m Russian programmer. Our company uses ExcelRW component for generated reports. In template worksheets some cells have formulas (Excel 2003, Russian Localization). When final report opens and when closes without any changes, Excel shows a dialog form in which asks user to recalculate sheets, what was created in other Excel version. How to squeeze this message. Thanks a lot for help!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon