We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Specified cast not valid

i am trying to set the value of a combobox cell with the following code: gridcontrol1[gridcontrol1.RowCount, CurCol].Text = ti.defaultvalue; where defaultvalue is a string. I am getting a runtime error (invalid cast exceptions: Specified cast not valid)l thanks, ak

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2005 06:41 PM UTC

Are you using style.DataSource, Style.DisplayeMember, style.ValueMember to set up the combobox cell? If so, is your ValueMember a string? If not, then you should not be setting .Text. Instead set .CellValue = to the object (of the proper type).

AK Adam K. July 21, 2005 06:48 PM UTC

i am setting it up as a combo box with following code _g[_g.RowCount, CurCol].ChoiceList = ti.enumeration; _g[_g.RowCount, CurCol].CellType = "ComboBox"; where ti.enumeration is a StringCollection please let me know your thoughts. thanks, ak

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2005 07:24 PM UTC

Here is sample set up you described. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GC_Combobox_5b7f9a8f.zip It seems to work OK. Do you have other settings like style.DropDownStyle or style.Exclusive or style.CellValueType that might be affecting this.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon