We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Reg : GridDataBoundControl

Hi, I am using grid databound control in my application. this.sgbDetailedHistory.DataSource = dvLatestHistory;(dataView) DBtableName : history dataview contain 10 columns, but i am showing only 7 columns. Req: I need to show tool tip for 2,3 and 4 th column in the grid. For that i have to take information from 8,9 and 10 th column. And one more thing 8, 9 and 10 th column contain only ids, i have to take id and search some other table to get corresponding name and display it to 2,3 and 4th column tool tip in the grid . Is it possible..? If yes, please sen me the sample code. Thanks, Anna

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2005 09:56 AM UTC

The simplest thing to do to make 8, 9 and 10 comboboxes so that the grid displays the displaymember and not the valuemember. If you do this, then you can use code like this in a grid.Model.QueryCellInfo event handler to display the tip.
if(e.RowIndex > 0 && e.ColIndex == 2)
{
   e.Style.CellTipText = this.grid[e.RowIndex, 8].Formattedtext;
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon