We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problems with grid blanking and not HScrolling

Hi - There are two problems that I''''m having with this code. 1/ The horizontal scroll bar disappears 2/ If you click in a cell and then press the right arrow to scroll the grid to the right, the data ''''disappears''''. I thought that it might be because I had null values in my app... however, when I simplified the code to the attached (where I can be assuered that there aren''''t any nulls) I still see the same behaviour. Thanks very much in advance for your help. I really need to get to the bottom of this one.. Please note - we are using Essential Suite 2.0.5.0 Damien Sawyer SampleForSyncfusion_7167.zip

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2005 07:47 AM UTC

Using 2.0.5.1, here is what I see when I run your sample with no changes. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC2051_bc73b2ae.zip Do you see the problem immediately after running your sample, or do you have to do something else to see it? And I can click on a cell and use the horizontal scroll button to scroll to the right without losing cell content. 2.0.5.0 was a very early release for the grouping grid. It is a much more robust control and much easier to work with in the 3.2.1.0 code. Is there some reason you cannot move to a better code base?

DS Damien Sawyer July 20, 2005 09:00 PM UTC

Hi Clay, Thanks for taking the time to look at that. To duplicate the problem, can you please try these steps 1/ Run app 2/ Left Click in cell ''A5'' 3/ Press the [escape] key to cancel edit mode 4/ Press and hold the right arrow. This will force the grid to scroll right and cause the error to occur. As for the second problem, does your horizontal scrollbar work? At no point in the running of the app does it appear ''acive'' for me. It only exists in an enabled=false state... With regards to upgrding our controls - I would like to, however will need to raise the request via the appropriate chanels here at work. That may or may not happen. Meanwhile, I have a deadline on the delivery of the application that I''m writing and, at this stage, need to proceed in the assumption that 2.0.5.0 is all that I''m going to have access to. Thanks very much for your help with this Clay. Kind Regards, Damien

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 20, 2005 09:47 PM UTC

Using version 2.0.5.1, there is no problem doing your 4 steps or using the horizonal scrollbar to scroll the grid.

DS Damien Sawyer July 20, 2005 11:42 PM UTC

Hmm... That''s very strange. I''ve duplicated the behaviour on two separate machines. Both are running fully patched versions of XP pro. I will get a second opinion from a third party and get back to you. Cheers DS

DS Damien Sawyer July 20, 2005 11:52 PM UTC

Hi Clay, I just noticed that you said you used version 2.0.5.1 .... we''re using 2.0.5.0 Can you please have a look with the older version and confirm if it was a fix in that minor update? Cheers DS

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2005 12:10 AM UTC

It will be later tomorrow before I can install 2.0.5.0. And I suspect that it will not work, just like for you. And I am not sure whether there would be any 2050 work around to avoid the problem. Installing the point release will be the simplest way to get this working.

DS Damien Sawyer July 21, 2005 02:09 AM UTC

Sorry, what do you mean by the "point release"? I assume the latest version? Cheers DS

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 21, 2005 09:10 AM UTC

I assumed you were hesitant to upgrade because of the possible work involved in the upgrade process. Upgrading from 2.0.5.0 to the next point release, 2.0.5.1, will take less work (maybe only swapping the DLL''s and rebuilding on your part). If you move from 2.0.5.0 to 3.2.1.0, there are like things in your code you would change as you would be moving between maajor version releases. For example, 3.2.x uses a cleaner licensing model than 2.0.x, and does require you to change out the licx files. There are also differences in how designer generated code is serialized between the 2 major versions. There is a change in the assembliy names that require changes to existing projects.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon