We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Adding PaletteGroupView causes the Visual Studio IDE to crash!

I am evaluating your product for a project that is being prototyped using VS.NET 2005 beta 2, C#/Framework 2.0 and WinForm. As a simple test, I am trying to create a user control that has a Diagram and the PaletteGroupBar on a split pane. The Diagram is on one panel and the PaletteGroupBar is on the other panel of the split pane. Adding the Diagram and PaletteGroupBar and creating a PaletteGroup is just fine. I can compile and use the control in a test application. However, when I try to drag a PaletteGroupView (so I can bring in symbols) onto the PaletteGroupBar, it causes my entire VS.NET 2005 to terminate abnormally. Of course, everything I''''ve done up to that time that was not save is lost. This works on VS.NET 2003. Can anyone provide a workaround on how I can get this to work on VS.NET 2005 beta 2?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 14, 2005 06:58 PM UTC

Hi Ellory, I know that we are working with you on this issue through our Direct-Trac support system. I am posting here for the benefit of others that might be interested in the topic, The current publicly available release of Essential Diagram is not supported on VS.NET 2005. It is the next update of Essential Studio, labelled v 3.3 and due within the next few days, that is our official VS.NET ''05 compatibility release. Starting with this update Essential Diagram will be fully supported on the VS.NET ''05 Beta 2. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon