We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Horizontal scrollbar for 1 column

How can I put up a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of a column, so ResizeToFit() does not expand the column width but creates an appropriate scrollbar to get into view the rightmost pixels?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 11, 2005 03:50 PM UTC

The only way I would know to easily do this would be to have this scrollable column be the last column on the right. Then you could make all the other columns frozen, and use pixel scrolling on the last one. this.grid.HScrollPixel = true; this.grid.Model.Cols.FrozenCount = this.grid.Model.ColCount - 1;

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 11, 2005 04:17 PM UTC

Thanks, Clay, but I want the first column to be scrolled, where my treeview is. I was looking at the sample Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\DataBound\Hierarchical\GDBGTreeLines and I was missing this functionality there as well.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 11, 2005 05:22 PM UTC

The only way I would know to do this is to dock a scrollbar at the bottom of a panel. Then dock a grid to the side of the panel and then dock-fill a 2nd grid. In the right-grid, display only the frozen columns. Then in the dockfill grid, display the single scrollable column. You can then handle events to sync the two grid up. You would also need to use a detached scroll as in the quickstart\scrollbars sample. Here is a very rought try at this. It would take additional time to polish the look. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GDBG_ScrollLeft_9dbfdc36.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon