We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Installing on a Build Server w/o VS.NET installed

Hi, I just found out that there is a problem installing Essential Studio onto a Build Server w/o having VS.NET installed on that Server. We''re starting to use CruiseControl.NET for CI and having automated release builds / packaging. I have started setting up the server including just required third party packages and the .NET Framework SDK 1.1. Now I have installed Essential Studio 3.2.1.0 and, of course, the Assembly Manager failed because of the missing VS.NET installation. However when I NANT my solution, I get an error that the Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent could not be found. Is there any place I need to make HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NET Framework\AssemblyFolders point to? Any help would be appreciated Regards Kai

6 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team July 8, 2005 11:51 AM UTC

Hi Kai, You can download a temporary link license installation that will work on a machine that does not have VS.NET installed from here. With the actual NAnt build, please ensure that Syncfusion.core is not in the GAC during the build. We usually have a step to remove and re-add to the GAC. The NAnt license task has trouble if Syncfusion.Core is in the GAC. Typical NAnt script

// perform actual application build    

Please let us know if you need any additional information. Thank you for using Essential Studio. Best regards, Daniel >Hi, > >I just found out that there is a problem installing Essential Studio onto a Build Server w/o having VS.NET installed on that Server. > >We''re starting to use CruiseControl.NET for CI and having automated release builds / packaging. I have started setting up the server including just required third party packages and the .NET Framework SDK 1.1. > >Now I have installed Essential Studio 3.2.1.0 and, of course, the Assembly Manager failed because of the missing VS.NET installation. > >However when I NANT my solution, I get an error that the Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent could not be found. > >Is there any place I need to make HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NET Framework\AssemblyFolders point to? > >Any help would be appreciated > >Regards > >Kai

KI Kai Iske July 8, 2005 01:39 PM UTC

Daniel, thanks for the feedback. I have already mailed sales support regarding a permanent link license. Would it be possible to being able to download the link license through direct-trac? BTW: The nant script snippet came back for me all blanks Regards Kai

KI Kai Iske July 8, 2005 01:48 PM UTC

Daniel, one more thing that I just noticed: Any reason why only the .NET 2.0 versions of the assemblies are being installed to C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio Link License\3.2.1.0 I wanted to set up the SDK''s AssemblyFolders registry key to make it point to the DLLs, to find out they weren''t there :) Regards Kai

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team July 11, 2005 01:01 AM UTC

Hi Kai, Here is the script. I did not encode it the first time around. The link license that is available in Direct-Trac requires VS.NET. With the public assembly folders we do not do any Framework configuration with this install. The idea is that we only do Syncfusion specific configuration with this install. Best regards, Daniel >Daniel, > >one more thing that I just noticed: Any reason why only the .NET 2.0 versions of the assemblies are being installed to > >C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio Link License\3.2.1.0 > >I wanted to set up the SDK''s AssemblyFolders registry key to make it point to the DLLs, to find out they weren''t there :) > >Regards > >Kai

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team July 11, 2005 06:32 AM UTC

Hi Kai, We updated your incident also. Thanks, Daniel

KI Kai Iske July 11, 2005 01:12 PM UTC

Daniel, thanks for the feedback. Everything runs smoothly now Regards Kai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon