We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Get Row/Col of Negative Point

When scrolling the grid, it is possible to get a point with a negative y value when calling the RowColToPoint to method. For example, if I scroll the grid so that row 1 is no longer visible and call this.ViewLayout.RowColToPoint(1, 1, false), I get a point with a negative y value. How can I get the row col values with this point? When I call PointToRowCol(pt,out row, out col) with a point that has a negative y value, I get -1 as the row and column. What is the reverse of RowColToPoint that will work with a point that is off the grid? Thanks, Steve

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 6, 2005 10:19 PM UTC

There is no grid method that does this, so you will have to write your own. Here is a rough try at it. You will probably have to tweak it. It starts at the top and moves down until it finds the right row. You coulf try using a bunary search instead of this linear search if performance is a problem for you.
private int GetRowAtNegY(int y)
{
	if(y >= 0 )
		return -1;
	int y0 = this.gridControl1.ViewLayout.RowColToPoint(1,1, GridCellSizeKind.ActualSize).Y;
	if(y0 >= 0)
		return -1;
	int i = 1;
	while(i < this.gridControl1.RowCount && y > y0 + this.gridControl1.RowHeights[i])
	{
		y0 += this.gridControl1.RowHeights[i];
		i++;
	}
	return i;
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon