We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Copy Shapes

Hi Guys, i have Workbooks which contains named shapes rg. imgLink. These Shapes are created with drawing in Excel. When i open this Workook through EXCELRW i cannot find the shapes in any Collection. What i want to do is Copy these shapes to another location. Is this a bug? And also will the Shapes collection be implemented soon? Thanks in advance. best regards, Kai wAchter

4 Replies

KW Kai Wachter July 25, 2005 10:54 AM UTC

Does someone know if this is planned? >Hi Guys, >i have Workbooks which contains named shapes rg. imgLink. These Shapes are created with drawing in Excel. When i open this Workook through EXCELRW i cannot find the shapes in any Collection. What i want to do is Copy these shapes to another location. > >Is this a bug? And also will the Shapes collection be implemented soon? > >Thanks in advance. > >best regards, > >Kai wAchter

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 26, 2005 09:08 AM UTC

Hi Kai, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Currently Shapes are only supported in templates [Shapes can only be present in template files and they will be preserved on resaving the file using ExcelRW]. However, it is not possible to access the shapes collection during runtime and change position and other properties. Could you please provide more details on the support that you would need for working with shapes 1) Do you want to move shapes from one position to another position on the same worksheet? 2) Will the destination position be in another worksheet? 3) Could you please upload an XLS file that has the shapes that you would need to move? Once I have all the necessary details, I will create a feature request with the development team to support working with shapes through API and will provide you with an estimated timeframe for implementation. Thanks, Seetha >Does someone know if this is planned? > > >>Hi Guys, >>i have Workbooks which contains named shapes rg. imgLink. These Shapes are created with drawing in Excel. When i open this Workook through EXCELRW i cannot find the shapes in any Collection. What i want to do is Copy these shapes to another location. >> >>Is this a bug? And also will the Shapes collection be implemented soon? >> >>Thanks in advance. >> >>best regards, >> >>Kai wAchter

KW Kai Wachter July 28, 2005 07:40 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, here is the requested Workbook. In this workbook are three type of shapes. These shapes should copied multiple times during runtime, to other worksheets. Thanks for your help. CamelotBWStyles2_9400.zip best regards Kai Wachter >Hi Kai, > >Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. > >Currently Shapes are only supported in templates [Shapes can only be present in template files and they will be preserved on resaving the file using ExcelRW]. However, it is not possible to access the shapes collection during runtime and change position and other properties. Could you please provide more details on the support that you would need for working with shapes > >1) Do you want to move shapes from one position to another position on the same worksheet? > >2) Will the destination position be in another worksheet? > >3) Could you please upload an XLS file that has the shapes that you would need to move? > > Once I have all the necessary details, I will create a feature request with the development team to support working with shapes through API and will provide you with an estimated timeframe for implementation. > >Thanks, >Seetha > > > >>Does someone know if this is planned? >> >> >>>Hi Guys, >>>i have Workbooks which contains named shapes rg. imgLink. These Shapes are created with drawing in Excel. When i open this Workook through EXCELRW i cannot find the shapes in any Collection. What i want to do is Copy these shapes to another location. >>> >>>Is this a bug? And also will the Shapes collection be implemented soon? >>> >>>Thanks in advance. >>> >>>best regards, >>> >>>Kai wAchter

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 3, 2005 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Kai, I have logged Worksheet with Shapes as a feature request. You can track the status of this issue here : Worksheet With Shapes[Diagrams] Best Regards, Seetha >Hi Stephen, > >here is the requested Workbook. >In this workbook are three type of shapes. These shapes should copied multiple times during runtime, to other worksheets. > >Thanks for your help. > >CamelotBWStyles2_9400.zip > >best regards > >Kai Wachter > >>Hi Kai, >> >>Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. >> >>Currently Shapes are only supported in templates [Shapes can only be present in template files and they will be preserved on resaving the file using ExcelRW]. However, it is not possible to access the shapes collection during runtime and change position and other properties. Could you please provide more details on the support that you would need for working with shapes >> >>1) Do you want to move shapes from one position to another position on the same worksheet? >> >>2) Will the destination position be in another worksheet? >> >>3) Could you please upload an XLS file that has the shapes that you would need to move? >> >> Once I have all the necessary details, I will create a feature request with the development team to support working with shapes through API and will provide you with an estimated timeframe for implementation. >> >>Thanks, >>Seetha >> >> >> >>>Does someone know if this is planned? >>> >>> >>>>Hi Guys, >>>>i have Workbooks which contains named shapes rg. imgLink. These Shapes are created with drawing in Excel. When i open this Workook through EXCELRW i cannot find the shapes in any Collection. What i want to do is Copy these shapes to another location. >>>> >>>>Is this a bug? And also will the Shapes collection be implemented soon? >>>> >>>>Thanks in advance. >>>> >>>>best regards, >>>> >>>>Kai wAchter > > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon