We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl - multiple row selection

Hi, I am using version 2.1.0.9. I am a newbee. In my spreadsheet, I need features such as grouping, record navigator, grid filtering, multiple row selection, and etc. By reading users guide and grid samples, seems to me some features are provided by GridGroupingControl, and others by GridBoundDataGrid. How can I use both controls in a spreadsheet? Also How to catch multiple row selection event and cell changed event? Thanks, Nancy

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2005 11:45 PM UTC

What do you mean by spreadsheet? Is it that you want to write Excel formulas like ''= A1 + B14 - C134''? If so, the best option is to use an unbound GridControl. If you need grouping, then your only option is GridGroupingControl. I would recommend upgrading to version 3.2.1.0. The reason is that in that version, the GridGroupingControl has a special record selection support that takes into account the grouping. In the 2.1.0.9 version, the only selection support is the support that is inherited from GridControlBase. And this inherited support does not have any knowledge of grouping and nested tables. You set this new support up in 3.2.1.0 by setting: gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelections = GridSelectionFlags.None; Using this support, you can use the this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.SelectedRecordsChanging/Changed events to catch the selections changing. You can use the this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.RecordValueChanging/Changed event to catch the value of a field changing.

NJ Nancy Jan June 29, 2005 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Clay, Perhaps spreadsheet is not the right terminology. Maybe table is a better name. Allow me clarify my question. Can I use both GridGroupingControl and GBDG in one table? This table needs to support capability such as grouping, filtering by column value, Excel formula, sorting, multiple rows selection, and etc. It also needs to catch row (single and multiple rows) selection event, cell update event to notify its listeners. Would you advise on what controls to use? Regards, Nancy >What do you mean by spreadsheet? Is it that you want to write Excel formulas like ''= A1 + B14 - C134''? >If so, the best option is to use an unbound GridControl. > >If you need grouping, then your only option is GridGroupingControl. > >I would recommend upgrading to version 3.2.1.0. The reason is that in that version, the GridGroupingControl has a special record selection support that takes into account the grouping. In the 2.1.0.9 version, the only selection support is the support that is inherited from GridControlBase. And this inherited support does not have any knowledge of grouping and nested tables. You set this new support up in 3.2.1.0 by setting: > >gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; >gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelections = GridSelectionFlags.None; > >Using this support, you can use the this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.SelectedRecordsChanging/Changed events to catch the selections changing. You can use the this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.RecordValueChanging/Changed event to catch the value of a field changing. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2005 03:02 PM UTC

I would suggest using GridGroupingControl. Why do you think you need two grids? You can certainly put both a GridGroupingControl and a GridDataBoundGrid on the same form, but if you want them to appear as ''one grid somehow'', I am not sure how this will work. They will look like 2 independent grids sitting on a form.

NJ Nancy Jan June 29, 2005 04:20 PM UTC

Clay, Does GridGroupingControl support multiple row selections or a FilterBar I''ve seen in the FilterBarGrid sample? Regards, Nancy >I would suggest using GridGroupingControl. Why do you think you need two grids? > >You can certainly put both a GridGroupingControl and a GridDataBoundGrid on the same form, but if you want them to appear as ''one grid somehow'', I am not sure how this will work. They will look like 2 independent grids sitting on a form.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2005 04:29 PM UTC

Yes. See these samples. \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\MultipleRecordSelection \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\FilterBar

NJ Nancy Jan June 29, 2005 04:55 PM UTC

Clay, Are they supported in GridGroupingControl in version 2.1.0.9? I will consider upgrade to version 3 if it is stable. Is it stable now? Regards, Nancy >Yes. See these samples. > >\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\MultipleRecordSelection > >\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\FilterBar > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2005 05:54 PM UTC

No, you need to upgrade to 3.x.

NJ Nancy Jan June 29, 2005 08:39 PM UTC

Clay, You still haven''t answered whether I can catch multiple row selection event in a grid where GridGroupingControl is used. In our application, multiple UIs synchronize each other for record selections and updates. Thanks, Nancy Jan >No, you need to upgrade to 3.x.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 29, 2005 11:16 PM UTC

Here is what I posted above. The last section points out the two recordchanging events. ========================= I would recommend upgrading to version 3.2.1.0. The reason is that in that version, the GridGroupingControl has a special record selection support that takes into account the grouping. In the 2.1.0.9 version, the only selection support is the support that is inherited from GridControlBase. And this inherited support does not have any knowledge of grouping and nested tables. You set this new support up in 3.2.1.0 by setting: gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelections = GridSelectionFlags.None; Using this support, you can use the this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.SelectedRecordsChanging/Changed events to catch the selections changing. You can use the this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.RecordValueChanging/Changed event to catch the value of a field changing.

NJ Nancy Jan June 30, 2005 02:52 PM UTC

Thanks for the information, Clay. Regards, Nancy >Here is what I posted above. The last section points out the two recordchanging events. > >========================= > >I would recommend upgrading to version 3.2.1.0. The reason is that in that version, the GridGroupingControl has a special record selection support that takes into account the grouping. In the 2.1.0.9 version, the only selection support is the support that is inherited from GridControlBase. And this inherited support does not have any knowledge of grouping and nested tables. You set this new support up in 3.2.1.0 by setting: > >gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; >gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelections = GridSelectionFlags.None; > >Using this support, you can use the this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.SelectedRecordsChanging/Changed events to catch the selections changing. You can use the this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.RecordValueChanging/Changed event to catch the value of a field changing. > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon