We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Sorting for IList bound grids

The grid sorting functionality isn't active in the forms I've created. All of them use IList based data binding and in particular a partial implementation of the IBindingList interface. Could someone confirm whether Essential grid will only supply the column sorting user interface functionality if an IBindingList implementation in the DataSource performs the sorting? Or is there some setting I'm missing to activate the user interface sorting functionality?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 3, 2003 11:32 AM UTC

If you are using a GridDataBoundGrid and want sorting, then you will have to implement IBindingList.ApplySort and IBindingList.SupportsSorting.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 3, 2003 06:06 PM UTC

> If you are using a GridDataBoundGrid and want sorting, then you will have to implement IBindingList.ApplySort and IBindingList.SupportsSorting. > Does anything need to change in the Form that contains the grid? Do I add the sorting algorithm to ApplySort and that is it? Thanks,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 3, 2003 09:05 PM UTC

As far as I know, you should just implement your sorting in ApplySort based on the PropertyDescriptor and ListSortDirection passed in. You would also want to implement the other sorting implementation methods like SupportsSorting, IsSorted, SortDirection, RemoveSort, etc. You would also need to fire listchanged events as required by the IBindingList docs (eg. ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/cpref/html/frlrfsystemcomponentmodelibindinglistclassapplysorttopic.htm) On the form, you should make sure the grid.SortBehavior property is set, but that would be all. Did you try this, and it not work?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon