We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Migration problem from 3.0.1.0 to 3.2.1.0

Hi, We are in the grocess of migrating to 3.2.1.0. Here''s the error I got: I downloaded 3.2.1.0 software; I updated my .licx file; I rebuild my prject, and a Syncfusion window “Unable to grant license for design time” pops up asking me to Run Syncfusion Licensing Enabler Utility; I click "Run Syncfusion Licensing Enabler Utility" button, another Syncfusion window window pops up with message “license was changed successfully”; I ignore the license error, and rebuild my project again, the same Syncfusion window “Unable to grant license for design time” pops up again; I closed VS.Net, deleted bin directory, next time rebuild still got the same error. Any solution for this? Thank you. Mechelle

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2005 08:22 PM UTC

Hi Mechelle, A few of our controls (particularly XPMenus controls) had some issues with licensing in v3.2.1.0 like you describe. The workaround is as follows: 1) Close and Re-open VS .NET 2) Do not open your project, instead create a new project. 3) Add a Syncfusion control the project. 4) Close this project and reopen your original project. If these steps don''t work, please create a Direct-Trac incident and we can provide you with further support. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

ME Mechelle June 28, 2005 08:41 PM UTC

OK, I do have a XPTaskBar control in my form. I did the steps. But failed to add any Syncfusion control. When I drag the control the same Syncfusion window of "Unable to grant license for design time" pops up. Clicking "Run Syncfusion Licensing Enabler Utility" doesn''t help.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2005 08:49 PM UTC

Hi Mechelle, Please try repeating the steps and selecting another control. You might have selected one of the other controls that has a problem. I believe DockingManager should work. If that doesn''t work, you may need to upgrade to the private patch that fixes this. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

ME Mechelle June 28, 2005 09:01 PM UTC

OK. DockingManager has same problem, but ButtonAdv is OK. But after I close the new project and reopen the original one, same error....:( Mechelle

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 28, 2005 09:31 PM UTC

Hi Mechelle, Could you please create a Direct-Trac incident so that we can discuss whether or not it''s possible for you to upgrade to an internal patch where these issues are resolved? Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon