We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Virtual Grid Not Refreshing

Hi, I am using two virtual grids. One shows the parent data, the other shows the details for the parent. So, when the user clicks on a record in the parent grid I am reloading the data in the detail grid. When the form loads for the first time I see the data I would expect, but when I refresh the data in the detail grid it doesnt show anything at all, although when I debug I can see that the data is there. Here''s the code when I set the data for the grid: this.BeginUpdate(); this.m_data = value as VirtualData; this.ResetVolatileData(); this.EndUpdate(); this.Refresh(); What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Ben

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 24, 2005 08:22 AM UTC

The ''this'' in your code is the details grid, correct? Your code looks more or less correct. (There is no need for the call to ResetVolatile data as the later this.Refresh will also make this call. What I would try is to put a Console.WriteLine in the details.QueryCellInfo to display teh row/col and the value being set, and make sure the ouptput window is visible when you run the application in teh debugger. Then when you execute the code above, is querycellinfo being hit for each visiblle row/col, and is the data that you provide have the values you expect as seen in the output window?

BH Ben Hinton June 24, 2005 09:01 AM UTC

Looks like I was getting an exception that was preventing the refresh from being executed. It''s working now. Yes, ''this'' is the grid. Its a custom control that derives from Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl. Thanks for your help. Ben >The ''this'' in your code is the details grid, correct? > >Your code looks more or less correct. (There is no need for the call to ResetVolatile data as the later this.Refresh will also make this call. > >What I would try is to put a Console.WriteLine in the details.QueryCellInfo to display teh row/col and the value being set, and make sure the ouptput window is visible when you run the application in teh debugger. Then when you execute the code above, is querycellinfo being hit for each visiblle row/col, and is the data that you provide have the values you expect as seen in the output window?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon