We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

An Explorer Like Grouping Grid

Hello everyone, I''ve been using the grouping grid extensively for a while now [hence the volume of questions ;-)] and it all works very well. I''ll try to explain my next task to see if this is easily achived and the best way to approach it I will need to grouping and summaries. The easiest comparison to how my data will be structured is as follows: There are upto 3 hierarchies of Managers. Each manager will have 1 or more Staff but a Manager can also have nested Managers that also have nested Managers. I suppose it''s similar to sub-folders inside explorer Manager1 Manager2 Staff2 Staff3 Manager3 Manager4 Staff5 Manager4 Staff6 My major issue is Manager4 has just one level whereas the others have multiple. Is it possible to represent this sort of data with summary totals? Hope this makes sense Thanks in advance Jason

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2005 08:31 PM UTC

Jason, what you are looking is so-called support for self-relations. Right now the grouping engine has some limited support for such self-relations but we want to improve this support in future. Attached find a sample that demonstrates a table that has records with parent references to other records in the table: SelfRelations.zip Stefan

JH Jason Hales July 1, 2005 02:20 PM UTC

Thanks a lot Stefan. That gives me something to start with Regards Jason >Jason, > >what you are looking is so-called support for self-relations. > >Right now the grouping engine has some limited support for such self-relations but we want to improve this support in future. > >Attached find a sample that demonstrates a table that has records with parent references to other records in the table: SelfRelations.zip > >Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon