We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Reg GroupingGridFocus

Hi, In GroupingGrid, While run time i am setting readonly property. My question is how do i get the focus even if it is non editable..? Thanks, Anna

6 Replies

AS Anna Srinivasan June 20, 2005 11:38 AM UTC

>Hi, > In GroupingGrid, While run time i am setting readonly property. > My question is how do i get the select the values even if it is non editable..? > >Thanks, Anna

AS Anna Srinivasan June 20, 2005 11:44 AM UTC

Hi, In GroupingGrid, While run time i am setting readonly property. My question is how do i get the select the values even if it is non editable..? if i click the non editable field, i should able get the ''I'' cursor to select the item. Thanks, Anna

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 20, 2005 12:54 PM UTC

How are you setting rhe ReadOnly property? If you set this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.AllowEdit = false; you can normally click a cell and see the blinking cursor. If you have set Enabled = false on the grid or particular cell styles, then these cells will not be clickable. There are other properties that might also prevent youfrom setting a cursor, like ActivateCurrentCellBehavior. There are also events that might affect this. For example, if you are handling CurrentCellActiviating and setting e.ColIndex = 0, then no cell can become active. The is also a CurrentCellStartEditing event that can affect getting a blinking cursor.

AS Anna Srinivasan June 21, 2005 05:41 AM UTC

Hi, I am using following class to make the cell as readonly. GridTableCellStyleInfo readOnlyAssetStyle = new GridTableCellStyleInfo(); readOnlyAssetStyle.BackColor = Color.LightCyan; readOnlyAssetStyle.CellType = "Static"; readOnlyAssetStyle.Trimming = System.Drawing.StringTrimming.EllipsisCharacter; readOnlyAssetStyle.ReadOnly = true; In that how do i get blinking cursor..? Thanks, Anna

AS Anna Srinivasan June 21, 2005 06:29 AM UTC

>Hi, > > I am using following class to make the cell as readonly. > >GridTableCellStyleInfo readOnlyAssetStyle = new GridTableCellStyleInfo(); > readOnlyAssetStyle.BackColor = Color.LightCyan; > readOnlyAssetStyle.CellType = "Static"; > readOnlyAssetStyle.Trimming = System.Drawing.StringTrimming.EllipsisCharacter; > readOnlyAssetStyle.ReadOnly = true; > >we are not using any of those events. In that how do i get blinking cursor..? > >Thanks, Anna

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2005 08:07 AM UTC

You cannot get a blink cursor using: readOnlyAssetStyle.CellType = "Static"; as a Static cell does not have an active edit state. Try setting: readOnlyAssetStyle.CellType = "TextBox";

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon