We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Moving Columns

Hi - I have some frozen columns (and some not) in my GridDataBoundGrid. I'd like to 1) prevent columns in the frozen range from being moved by the user and 2) allows columns that are not in the frozen range to be moved only within the range of columns that are not frozen. Would you have a suggestion as to how to do this? Thanks!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2003 03:30 PM UTC

Handle the SelectionDragging event. The EventArgs contain information about source and destination column. For frozen columns you can then set e.Cancel = true Stefan

IP Ivan Pelly March 4, 2003 02:19 PM UTC

That event doesn't seem to fire when I move a column by selecting, then dragging it. Could it be you meant another event? Thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 4, 2003 06:38 PM UTC

If I drop a GridControl on a form, set its AllowDragSelectedCols to true, and add the handler for the event, I see this event being fired as I move over the header of an already selected column. If I return e.Cancel = true;, I cannot mousedown on the selected columns header and move it. I never see the move cursor (except over the OLE DND border).

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon