We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Moving Columns

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

3053 Feb 27,2003 08:55 AM Mar 4,2003 01:38 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Ivan Pelly
Asked On February 27, 2003 08:55 AM

Hi - I have some frozen columns (and some not) in my GridDataBoundGrid. I'd like to 1) prevent columns in the frozen range from being moved by the user and 2) allows columns that are not in the frozen range to be moved only within the range of columns that are not frozen. Would you have a suggestion as to how to do this? Thanks!

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 27, 2003 10:30 AM

Handle the SelectionDragging event. The EventArgs contain information about source and destination column. For frozen columns you can then set e.Cancel = true Stefan

Ivan Pelly
Replied On March 4, 2003 09:19 AM

That event doesn't seem to fire when I move a column by selecting, then dragging it. Could it be you meant another event? Thanks!

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 4, 2003 01:38 PM

If I drop a GridControl on a form, set its AllowDragSelectedCols to true, and add the handler for the event, I see this event being fired as I move over the header of an already selected column. If I return e.Cancel = true;, I cannot mousedown on the selected columns header and move it. I never see the move cursor (except over the OLE DND border).

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;