We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Empty filter bar problem with asynchronous data source

I have a gridgroupingcontrol with a filter bar on it. What is different about this control, is that I do not set the ".DataSource" for it until sometime after the form has already been loaded and displayed. (I am asynchronously loading the data in the background). When I do finally set the DataSource, the grid displays the data just fine.. but the filterbar does not have any values in the drop down listboxes to allow the user to filter the grid. Any idea how I can tell the filterbar to refresh its list of filterable values after I set the DataSource?

2 Replies

BW Brian Wright June 17, 2005 04:10 PM UTC

Okay, I am having an additional problem. I am setting all of the column header labels using GridColumnDescriptor objects (.HeaderText property) in the TableDescriptor.Columns collection . After setting the data source asynchronously, it changes my column header labels that I had set previously. It changes them to the column name of the underlying datasource which I do not want to use. Is there a way to solve this?

BW Brian Wright June 17, 2005 06:44 PM UTC

Nevermind.. it all works. Basically I was setting this for each column: gridColumnDescriptor1.Name = "xx" But I simply got rid of all those lines and changed them to: gridColumnDescriptor1.HeaderText = "xx" and both problems went away.. Sorry.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon