We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Set width of the column to its content

Hi, I am using gridgroupingcontrol.When I dbl click on the column border, it resizes to column to the width of the header text.I want resize it to width of the longest content.How can I do it..? Thanks Prathima

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2005 08:36 AM UTC

What version are you using? In 3.2.1.0 with this sample, http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_EmptyDataSource_f901f16e.zip I see the behavior you described by default. I can type a long entry in a cell, then double click the header cell border and see the colwidth change to fully see what I typed. Are you doing something different?

PV Prathima Venkobachar June 17, 2005 08:46 AM UTC

I am using 3.2.1.0 version. The sample u sent works fine here.But same doesn''t work in my appliacation. Initially I will be seeting the column width when I add it to the Visible column list. I am seeting the vidth using GridColumnDescriptor colDescriptor1 = new GridColumnDescriptor(); adding this to visible collection.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2005 09:32 AM UTC

If yo can upload a sample showing the problem or tell how to see the problem in one of the samples we ship, we can try to resolve the problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon