We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Strange scrolling behaviour

I have a grid which is embedded at a certain location within my own ScrollableControl. I select a row in the grid (see gridexample1.jpg). When I click on a row further down the grid (see gridexample2.jpg - in this example, I clicked on the row entitled ''Moon - 18 image mosaic''), the grid causes my control to scroll so that the header row of the grid is at the top of the visible area, and a number of rows are selected instead of just the one I clicked on. Do you have any idea what may be causing this? gridexample_9383.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 14, 2005 12:50 PM UTC

I think this is a function of Windows Forms and the .NET Framework. Try this. Replace the grid with a multiline textbox propulated with enough text so you can try to click the text in the same manner as you are now clicking the grid. I may be wrong, but when you do this, I think things will scroll so that the top-left corner of the TextBox is visible. And I think this is what you are seeing in the grid as well.

AT Arvind Tripathi August 15, 2005 04:31 AM UTC

Hi, I am getting the same issue, where whenever user is doing multiple selection in TreeViewAdv, and tries to scroll down further, and select something there, the scroll jumps so that the selected item appears at the bottom of visible area. Can you suggest any solution to prevent this ? Thanks, Arvind >I think this is a function of Windows Forms and the .NET Framework. > >Try this. Replace the grid with a multiline textbox propulated with enough text so you can try to click the text in the same manner as you are now clicking the grid. I may be wrong, but when you do this, I think things will scroll so that the top-left corner of the TextBox is visible. And I think this is what you are seeing in the grid as well.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 15, 2005 02:23 PM UTC

Hi Arvind, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. This is a shortcoming in the TreeViewAdv control and we have logged a bug report defect 614 on the same. We will try our very best to take care of this issue at the earliest. Till then you could track the progress of this bug fix at this link below : Defect #614 - Vertical scrollbar positioning issue while performing multiple node selection We appreciate your patience, and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon