We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Please help Sorting Excel file

Hi I want a c#.net code example of sorting excel file based on column no (n), Using ExcelEngine,IWorkbook,Iworksheet. Thanks

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2005 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Mohammad, ExcelRW does not provide any support for sorting the data. You would need to sort the data yourself before inserting into the spreadsheet. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi > > I want a c#.net code example of sorting excel file based on column no (n), Using ExcelEngine,IWorkbook,Iworksheet. > >Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 7, 2005 06:43 PM UTC

Will this be added ? Not having the ability to define a sort is a serious drawback. I want to export a grid to a spreadsheet, but the sort will not be the same as the grid. >Hi Mohammad, > >ExcelRW does not provide any support for sorting the data. You would need to sort the data yourself before inserting into the spreadsheet. > >Please let me know if you have any questions. > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > > >>Hi >> >> I want a c#.net code example of sorting excel file based on column no (n), Using ExcelEngine,IWorkbook,Iworksheet. >> >>Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2005 12:52 PM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. A possible solution to this problem would be to export the grid data to a datatable and then sort it and then export the datatable to excel. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=103 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemdatadataviewclasssorttopic.asp However, this approach would only work if you are interested in exporting the contents of the grid without the formatting. Please clarify the following 1) The type of grid that you are using 2) Does the formatting have to be exported? Thanks, Stephen.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon