We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Button on GridControl

Hello, I would like to create a grid where every row features a button dedicated to removing the whole row. I looked at the In depth/CellButtons sample to learn how to create buttons in grids (I am currently using a GridControl). I based my custom cell button on the CellDragButton of the sample, but it does not really fit what I want to do. I would like to be able to listen to the click/mouseup event of a button embedded in a row, but I cannot find a way to do that from the form containing the grid. Putting the processing of the button click in the CellDragButton, DragButtonCellModel, or DragButtonCellRenderer does not seem very clean. After receiving the event in the form that contains the grid, I will be able to do some other processing. Do you have an existing sample that shows how to do that and that I may have missed ? Or could you please give me hints ? What about other types of grids ? Would that be different ? If so, in what way ? Thank you in advance, Guillem

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 8, 2005 01:52 PM UTC

>>I would like to be able to listen to the click/mouseup event of a button embedded in a row, but I cannot find a way to do that from the form containing the grid. Why is it not sufficient to listen to grid events like grid.CellButtonClicked. These will likely be much simpler to handle. If this event will work for you, I will try to do a sample. If this event does not work for you, then if you will explain what the problem is, maybe I can suggest a solution.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon