We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

dynamic custom cell types in the GroupingGrid

Hello I have a related grid with 3 columns: ID SourceType Parameter Value For each record in this related table I want to change the celltype depending on the value in the SourceType cell. For example: -In my 1st record the SourceType contains a value of 1, then I want the corresponding cell in the Parameter Value to bind to a combobox which relates to another DataTable. -In my 2nd record the SourceType contains a value of 2, then I want the corresponding cell in the Parameter Value column to bind to a editable textbox. etc, etc. Is this possible in the gridgrouping control, and if so, what is the best way to accomplish this? Hope you can help! Albie

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2005 01:27 AM UTC

To dynamically change cell values, you can handle the grid.QueryCellStyleInfo. In the event handler, you can use this code to get at the parent record of the child table that holds the requested cell. GridRecord rec = e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.ParentChildTable.ParentNestedTable.ParentRecord as GridRecord;

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon