We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is there a way to determine if a MDI child form is visible to the user?

Hi There, Is there a reliable way to determine if an MDI child form is currently visible to the user? We can of course check to see if it''s activated but in any kind of tiled display the form could be inactive but still visible. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, --Dan

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 9, 2005 06:56 PM UTC

Hi Dan, I haven''t done this so I don''t know if it''ll work or if it''s the simplest way, but here''s what I would try: Handle the MdiChildActivated event and keep track of the order the children were activated in to build a Z-order. Then create a 2-dimensional array of the same size as the MdiParent. Going in order from the first activated to last activated child, check the size and location of each and fill the appropriate spots in the array with that child''s Z-order number. Then to check if a child is visible, simply scan the array for the child''s Z-order number and if you find it, you know that at least one part of the child is visible. Or you could just use a TabbedMdiManager so that no more than one child is visible at a time. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon