We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl and frozen headers...

Using a hierarchical dataset and a GridGroupingControl (version 3.2.1.0). The header row for the top-level group is automatically "frozen", meaning the headers remain visible as I scroll through the nested data. Is there anyway to achieve something similar with the lower-level groups? In other words, I''d like to maintain visibility of the header for group 2 as they scroll through the data. I''m not sure how this might be implemented; maybe independent scrolling regions for each group, or maybe it''s just too far out there. But I had to ask anyways. Thanks, s.s.

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 6, 2005 07:46 AM UTC

We have no support for independent scrollbars on each child table.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 6, 2005 07:36 PM UTC

Hi Steve, What we actually are planning to do is to implement a solution that lets you display all the headers for the various hierarchy levels at the top (instead of only only the headers for the main table). Then all these header rows can be frozen. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 8, 2005 03:17 PM UTC

That is a great plan! Do you have any information as to when this would be available? In the meantime, I am hoping for any kind of work around. Is it possible to repeat the nested headers after a certain amount of rows? Or can you guys think of another work around? Thanks, s.s.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2006 12:47 PM UTC

Hi, I''m searching for the opposite. I want to "unfreeze" the column header of the top-level and also the row header of the top-level? Because when the user is working with rows of a deeper level it is not realy important to see the row- and col header of the top level. I tried the following with no success: Me._ggc.TableModel.Rows.SetFrozenCount(0, False) Me._ggc.TableModel.Cols.SetFrozenCount(0, False) Greetings, Klaus >Using a hierarchical dataset and a GridGroupingControl (version 3.2.1.0). > >The header row for the top-level group is automatically "frozen", meaning the headers remain visible as I scroll through the nested data. > >Is there anyway to achieve something similar with the lower-level groups? In other words, I''d like to maintain visibility of the header for group 2 as they scroll through the data. > >I''m not sure how this might be implemented; maybe independent scrolling regions for each group, or maybe it''s just too far out there. But I had to ask anyways. > >Thanks, > >s.s. >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2006 06:24 AM UTC

I forgot to say that I''m using current version 4.1.0.50 Klaus >Hi, > >I''m searching for the opposite. I want to "unfreeze" the column header of the top-level and also the row header of the top-level? > >Because when the user is working with rows of a deeper level it is not realy important to see the row- and col header of the top level. > >I tried the following with no success: > Me._ggc.TableModel.Rows.SetFrozenCount(0, False) > Me._ggc.TableModel.Cols.SetFrozenCount(0, False) > >Greetings, Klaus >

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team March 2, 2006 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Klaus, Sorry for the delayed response. There is no option for unfreezing the column header and the caption row, here is a try to resize the column header on scrolling. private void TableControl_VScrollPixelPosChanged(object sender, GridScrollPositionChangedEventArgs e) { ScrollBarWrapper vsb = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.VScrollBar; if((vsb.Value-vsb.Minimum) < 5 ) this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("ParentTable").TableOptions.ColumnHeaderRowHeight = 22; if((vsb.Value-vsb.Minimum) > 5 && (vsb.Value-vsb.Minimum) < 7) this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("ParentTable").TableOptions.ColumnHeaderRowHeight = 15; if( (vsb.Value-vsb.Minimum) > 7 &&(vsb.Value-vsb.Minimum) < 9 ) this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("ParentTable").TableOptions.ColumnHeaderRowHeight = 7; if((vsb.Value-vsb.Minimum) > 9 ) this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("ParentTable").TableOptions.ColumnHeaderRowHeight = 0; } Similar approach can be applied for CaptionRowHeight, but that will affect all caption rows of the parent table that are grouped. Best regards, Stanley

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 2, 2006 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Stanley, one more "BIG THANK YOU" flys out to you and your colleagues! I think this approach is ok for me at the moment. I would try to refine it a litte next time. Thanks, Klaus

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon