We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Searching GDBG in hierarchical view

I am using a GDBG in a hierarchical view. I have two level of hierarchy define for my grid. At the initial load my grid is in collapse mode. Layout of the data in grid --Company ------Department ----------Units At the initial load my grid looks like +Company1 +Company2 +Company3 +Company4 Now I need to provide search functionality for grid. User may like to see a unit within ‘Company3’ or user may like to see a particular department. Let say, as soon as user enter unit name (''Unit1'') and hit search then my grid should look like +Company1 +Company2 -Company3 ---Departemnt1 ------Unit1 ------Unit2 ------Unit3 --+Department2 --+Department2 +Company4 I know that there is a function ‘ExpandAtRowIndex’ but I don’t know how I can use this in my case. Please provide some help. Thanks, VS

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 31, 2005 10:43 PM UTC

Please help!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 31, 2005 10:53 PM UTC

I do not know a simple way to do this. You will have to expand each node and loop through the childlist (gotten from the GridBoundRecordState obejct for the expand row) expanding each row until you reached the proper earch level. Then you would need to search that level for your lookup value. If not found, you would back up a level and expand the next parent row to expose the search level thats needs to be search. This will take some coding. To avoid the user seeing the nodes being opened in closed, you can try calling grid.BeginUpdate before you start your search and then grid.EndUpdate followed by grid.Refresh after your update.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 31, 2005 11:33 PM UTC

Thanks clay, Is it possible for you to provide little sample code for this? I would really appreciate if you could help me out with this. thanks,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 1, 2005 12:34 AM UTC

This is going to take some time. It may be a several days before we can get to it.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 1, 2005 12:58 AM UTC

Thanks clay, I never saw this kind of reply on syncfusion. Still I appreciate and will try my best to do. If you can find some time and provide some major point that would be great help. thanks,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 2, 2005 12:39 AM UTC

Few pointers would be greatly appreciated.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 2, 2005 01:27 AM UTC

The pointers I had to give were posted above. What do you have questions about? This sample will take about 4-5 hours for one of our engineers to work through. We did not have time to do this today. We will try to work on it, but a sample of this complexity would have to be done when we have the support resources available. If you want us to do it sooner for you, then we do offer consulting services that would make this work a higher priority project than what it currently has as a forum sample. You can enquire about consulting by email to sales@syncfusion.com. Our forum support has lowest priorty after our Direct Trac support which comes after paid consulting. A sample of this complexity is at the limits of what we can offer through our standard support, and it can take a few days for us to get to such a sample.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 2, 2005 08:20 PM UTC

I understand clay, so don’t get mad. This is the best forum I have ever come to know. I will try my best to do it and will wait for your reply too. Thanks, VS

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 3, 2005 02:28 PM UTC

Here is a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GDBG_HierSearch_ab0a0e3a.zip It uses the above ideas to recursively search layers in a particular column. The search is case sensitive though you could tweak the code to remove this if you don''t want it.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon