We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Memory Leak in 2.0.5.1

Hi I''m running into a memory leak in my application. Since i use heavily the GridControl, i would like to know if you''re aware of any memory leak of this control (version 2.0.5.1). It would save me a lot of time Silver

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 30, 2005 09:41 AM UTC

There are some leaks in 2.0.5.1 in GridControl that have been addressed in 2.1.0.9, 3.0.1.0 and 3.2.1.1. One has to do with the CellToolTip, others with GridGDIPaint, others with events not being unsubscribed,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 30, 2005 09:58 AM UTC

Clay Thanks you very much for your honesty. It will save my days of debugging. I''m doing heavy updates on the grid and consume many events. What do you think would be the best : *i don''t think we can easily upgrade to 3.2 because of changes of interface *is there an intermediate version just correcting many of those problem that would not change the interface ? *Otherwise, since we bought the source code, telling us those functions were the problem occur would help us trying to find a finx Thanks Silver

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 30, 2005 12:48 PM UTC

There have been many changes since 2.0.5.1 that affect memory usage. The easiest path for you to take might be to install 3.2.1.0 on test system and see what it takes to move you code over. If you want to try to directly modify and ship your own source versions of 2.0.5.1, then you can do that, but I suspect it will be a burden to you in the future when (and if) you try to upgrade for any reason, maybe like supporting .NET 2.0. If you want to try to handle the links by modifying 2.0.5.1 code, you should probably identify the actual leaks using a profiler tool so you can be assured you have resolved them with your modifications. If you want to pursue this, we can point you to the areas in the later releases where some specific changes were made, but unless you use our released libraries directly, you would be responsible for debugging/testing the modified libraries. To continue on this path, submit a direct trac support incident.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon