We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cannot type in cell

Hello, I am using a dataBoundGrid and having problems typing in a cell. Whenever I go and try to override text in a cell the cursor kicks back to the first position in the cell. Has anyone ever seen this before? Thanks!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 27, 2005 03:39 PM UTC

Are you handling any events like the keypress or keydown? If so, are you doing anything that might end the edit on the cell at that point (like CurrentCell.EndEdit or Currentcell.ConfirmChanges or minipulating the CurrencyManager in some manner)? If you can upload a sample showing the problem we can try to debug it here.

NI Nicola May 31, 2005 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Clay, Thanks for your response. I think I tracked down the problem. Would you be able to supply me with code to invalidate and refresh a range of cells. I tried the following piece of code but the cells don''t appear to redraw immediately. Thanks! m_grid.BeginUpdate(); m_grid.InvalidateRange(m_newUpdates); m_grid.EndUpdate(); m_grid.RefreshRange(m_newUpdates);

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 31, 2005 01:32 PM UTC

If you are calling InvalidateRange, you probably do not want to use BegiUpdate and EndUpdate. Try: m_grid.InvalidateRange(m_newUpdates); m_grid.Update();

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon