We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Trying to decide

Hi, I would like to know which are the main differences among using GridGroupingControl, DataBoundGrid or virtual grid? I will be using an arraylist as datasource, if I use a GridGroupingControl, will I be able to get all the functionality such as ordering columns, adding a new row, editing a row, deleting a row, searching values, grouping columns or filtering records? Which is the best control if I want to use an arralist as datasource? Regards, Alicia

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2005 11:42 AM UTC

GridControl is a cell oriented grid that allows you to set styles on a cell by cell, row by row, column by column basis. It also support Excel-Like formulas. You can also use it in a virtual mode that allows it to hold no data, dynamically getting its data through events that you handle to provide the data. GridDataBoundGrid is a column oriented grid that needs to have a datasource set. It is the closest control to a Windows Forms DataGrid. It can display hierarchical data. But it cannot be grouped. GridGroupingControl allows you to group a Datasource. It allows for summaries (both built-in and custom), expression columns, conditional formatting, and true nested tables. ----- If you want to group and sort an arraylist datasource, then you should use a GridGroupingControl as that will require minimal coding on your part. Here is a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_ArrayList_18a9d11a.zip If you want to actually add new items to the arraylist through the GridGroupingControl, then you should also have your arraylist implement IBindingList to support the addnew functionality directly from the grid.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 26, 2005 07:00 AM UTC

Thank you for your reply. You said "If you want to actually add new items to the arraylist through the GridGroupingControl, then you should also have your arraylist implement IBindingList to support the addnew functionality directly from the grid." Would you send me an example of this? Regards, Alicia

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 26, 2005 11:13 AM UTC

Here is a minimal implementation that will let you use the gridgroupingcontrol to add new items to your IBindingList. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_IBindingList_4f5dd688.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 27, 2005 06:56 AM UTC

Thank you for your help.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon