We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Draw Behaviour in a Combo Box

Is there a way to modify the drawing behaviour in a combo box. The items when dropped down should be drawn as is. The selected item needs to drawn a differently (i.e. surrounding white space needs to removed). Can be done in a grid combo. How about just the combo box and which one.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 24, 2005 06:20 PM UTC

Hi Nick, ComboBoxBase allows you to attach any ListControl to it. So to customize the dropdown, all you have to do is create your own ListControl or extend an existing one and add the rendering support you desire. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

NZ Nick Zdunic May 25, 2005 05:45 AM UTC

I don''t want to modify how the Drop Down items are rendered, just the text box item. The drop down shows a hierarchy of items with spaces to indicate nesting. When an item is selected then the textbox should display the item without the leading spaces. It doesn''t seen clear to me that this rendering can be done in the textbox. >Hi Nick, > > ComboBoxBase allows you to attach any ListControl to it. So to customize the dropdown, all you have to do is create your own ListControl or extend an existing one and add the rendering support you desire. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2005 08:57 PM UTC

Hi Nick, Instead of adding the leading spaces to your items, I would recommend customizing your dropdown to render the added space itself. That way, when the item is selected, the textbox will not require any custom rendering. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon