We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockingManager Center section resize

Hi, I am using Sync Fusion DockingManager to create a UI like VS.Net IDE. I have divided my UI into 5 regions; Top, Bottom, Left, Right and Center. Except Center region the dockingStyle of HostControl is set to respective regions and other controls with DockingStyle Tabbed is added with HostControl. Unlike VS.Net IDE,the Center region is divided into different horizontal sections and in each section user can add Controls with docking Style Tabbed.For that I added HostControl with DockingStyle Top and other controls is added with Tabbed Style on HostControl. My requirement is when I changes docking state of Bottom region, the Center sections must be resized with the extra space what Bottom region left or gained. How this can be achieved? Thanks in advance. Alex

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2005 09:00 PM UTC

Hi Alex, Please take a look at the DockingClientPanel class. It automatically resizes itself based on docked windows around it, so it should meet your requirements for the center part of your application. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AL alex May 27, 2005 06:16 AM UTC

Gregory: But I need, dockable sections in the Center region.I guess that is not possible with DockingClientPanel. Thanks Alex >Hi Alex, > > Please take a look at the DockingClientPanel class. It automatically resizes itself based on docked windows around it, so it should meet your requirements for the center part of your application. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 31, 2005 05:25 PM UTC

Hi Alex, Another way to do it would be to set DockToFill to true. This will cause your DockingWindows to always occupy the entire Form. However, I have attached a sample that demonstrates how to dock windows inside of a DockingClientPanel. It involves placing a UserControl with its own DockingManager inside the panel. The only limitation is that controls inside the UserControl and controls outside the UserControl cannot dock dock to each other. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon