We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Using Format/Parse/ConvertEventArgs in DataGrid???

I've found this question on several message boards with no answer: Say I've got a datagrid bound to a datatable. How can I use the format/parse delegates to mask the contents of a column? Say I want the "company_id" column to call my decodeCoID() function that will look up the name in a hash-table. I suspect I'm going to hadd a handler to some binding: AddHandler b.Format addressof decodeCoID The question really is: which binding do I add it to? How do I get a handle to the "company_id" databinding having only set the data source to a table with a "company_id" column? Help much appreciated!!! Jim

1 Reply

MP Mike Pollitt August 8, 2006 11:03 AM UTC

I found this on MSDN: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318581

>I''ve found this question on several message boards with no answer:
>
>Say I''ve got a datagrid bound to a datatable.
>
>How can I use the format/parse delegates to mask the contents of a column?
>
>Say I want the "company_id" column to call my decodeCoID() function that will look up the name in a hash-table.
>
>I suspect I''m going to hadd a handler to some binding: AddHandler b.Format addressof decodeCoID
>
>The question really is: which binding do I add it to? How do I get a handle to the "company_id" databinding having only set the data source to a table with a "company_id" column?
>
>Help much appreciated!!!
>Jim

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon