We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Drag and Drop event in Grouping Grid

I was to catch the column header value when we reorder the position of the columns by dragging and dropping columns in the grouping grid. On which event I can do this..?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 20, 2005 11:11 AM UTC

If you want to catch the user moving a column from one position in the grid to another, try using either the gridGroupingControl2.TableDescriptor.Columns.Changing or gridGroupingControl2.TableDescriptor.Columns.Changed events. If you want to catch the user dragging a column and dropping it on the drop area, try the gridGroupingControl2.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Changing or gridGroupingControl2.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Changed events.

PV Prathima Venkobachar May 26, 2005 11:23 AM UTC

I tried gridGroupingControl2.TableDescriptor.Columns.Changing/Changed events.Only on_load the event is fired i.e. when I fill the values to the columns. Afterwards I reorder the position of the columns,but the event is not firing. Thanks, Prathima >If you want to catch the user moving a column from one position in the grid to another, try using either the gridGroupingControl2.TableDescriptor.Columns.Changing or gridGroupingControl2.TableDescriptor.Columns.Changed events. If you want to catch the user dragging a column and dropping it on the drop area, try the gridGroupingControl2.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Changing or gridGroupingControl2.TableDescriptor.GroupedColumns.Changed events. >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 26, 2005 11:44 AM UTC

What version of our libraries are you using? Here is a sample showing these events being hit when you move columns around (by mousing down on a column header and dragging the column to another position in the grid) that worked for me using 3.2.1.0. Are you doing something differently? http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_MoveCOlumns_8e767f4c.zip

PV Prathima Venkobachar May 27, 2005 09:15 AM UTC

Hi, The sample code you have sent works perfectly fine and that is what is required for me. But the approach I am following is bit different. I have made my grid control as a user control and binding of data to this control happens from different class. It is not firing the event in this scenario.I feel the grid is not getting the columns chgd value and thats why it is not firing the event. How can we solve this problem..? >What version of our libraries are you using? Here is a sample showing these events being hit when you move columns around (by mousing down on a column header and dragging the column to another position in the grid) that worked for me using 3.2.1.0. Are you doing something differently? > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_MoveCOlumns_8e767f4c.zip >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 27, 2005 09:28 AM UTC

Can you mocked up the above sample to show the problem?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon