We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to delete Individula characters in the cell

Hi, I am using gridControl.When i am typing some thing in the grid cell and select the typed text and pressed delete(keyboard) button.The selected text not deleted.After that, i moved to another cell and came back to the cell which has some text and place the cursor in the middle of the text and pressed delete.Now the whole content of the cell is deleteting instead of one character.How to solve these problems? Please help. Thanks, Jitendra

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 19, 2005 12:07 PM UTC

What version of our library are you using? This is not default behavior. Can you tell me how to reproduce this problem in one of our samples? Or, can you upload a sample showing the problem? What kind of grid are you using? What events are you handling? Is any cells or columns set to be readonly or have Enabled=false set?

JI Jitendra May 20, 2005 04:37 AM UTC

Hi Clay, Please find the attched Code,in which i am getting this problem. Thanks Jitendra Spread_8637.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 20, 2005 11:07 AM UTC

The reason that delete is behaving this way is due to the fact that delete is a shortcut key for one of your menu items. Shortcut keys commands take precedence over a active control handling the key. If you comment out this line in the designer generated code, this.brItmDel.Shortcut = System.Windows.Forms.Shortcut.Del; then delete will delete the selected text in an active cell with a "TextBox" celltype.

JI Jitendra May 24, 2005 10:05 AM UTC

Thank you very much Clay. Regards, Jitendra.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon