We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Current Cell disapears on DataSet.Merge

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

28911 May 12,2005 12:10 PM UTC May 16,2005 03:10 PM UTC WinForms 4
Tags: Grouping
Sameer Patil
Asked On May 12, 2005 12:10 PM UTC

Hi I am using the GridGroupingControl. I update the source datatable for the grid by doing a DataSet.Merge operation. At this time if the user is working on the grid and some cell is selected (it shows with a darker border), the dark bordering is lost when the merge happens. Because of this the user cannot figure out which cell is being edited. (If I just move the up/down key it shows up again) How can I prevent the cell from disappearing. Thanks Sameer

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 12, 2005 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Sameer, try handling the SourceListListChanged event and set e.ShouldResetCurrentRecord = false; Let me know if that didn''t help. Stefan >Hi > >I am using the GridGroupingControl. I update the source datatable for the grid by doing a DataSet.Merge operation. At this time if the user is working on the grid and some cell is selected (it shows with a darker border), the dark bordering is lost when the merge happens. Because of this the user cannot figure out which cell is being edited. (If I just move the up/down key it shows up again) How can I prevent the cell from disappearing. > >Thanks >Sameer >

Sameer Patil
Replied On May 13, 2005 06:06 AM UTC

Hi Stephan tried that. But it does not help. I can see the callback being called (using debugger). But the current cell is still lost. Thanks, Sameer >Hi Sameer, > >try handling the SourceListListChanged event and set e.ShouldResetCurrentRecord = false; > >Let me know if that didn''t help. > >Stefan > > >>Hi >> >>I am using the GridGroupingControl. I update the source datatable for the grid by doing a DataSet.Merge operation. At this time if the user is working on the grid and some cell is selected (it shows with a darker border), the dark bordering is lost when the merge happens. Because of this the user cannot figure out which cell is being edited. (If I just move the up/down key it shows up again) How can I prevent the cell from disappearing. >> >>Thanks >>Sameer >>

Sameer Patil
Replied On May 16, 2005 08:12 AM UTC

Hi Stephan Any more ideas on this? Thanks Sameer

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 16, 2005 03:10 PM UTC

You can save the currentdisplay element before the merge and reset it after the merge. Here is a little sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_DataSetMerge_d0ea5990.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;