We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Current Cell disapears on DataSet.Merge

Hi I am using the GridGroupingControl. I update the source datatable for the grid by doing a DataSet.Merge operation. At this time if the user is working on the grid and some cell is selected (it shows with a darker border), the dark bordering is lost when the merge happens. Because of this the user cannot figure out which cell is being edited. (If I just move the up/down key it shows up again) How can I prevent the cell from disappearing. Thanks Sameer

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 12, 2005 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Sameer, try handling the SourceListListChanged event and set e.ShouldResetCurrentRecord = false; Let me know if that didn''t help. Stefan >Hi > >I am using the GridGroupingControl. I update the source datatable for the grid by doing a DataSet.Merge operation. At this time if the user is working on the grid and some cell is selected (it shows with a darker border), the dark bordering is lost when the merge happens. Because of this the user cannot figure out which cell is being edited. (If I just move the up/down key it shows up again) How can I prevent the cell from disappearing. > >Thanks >Sameer >

SP Sameer Patil May 13, 2005 06:06 AM UTC

Hi Stephan tried that. But it does not help. I can see the callback being called (using debugger). But the current cell is still lost. Thanks, Sameer >Hi Sameer, > >try handling the SourceListListChanged event and set e.ShouldResetCurrentRecord = false; > >Let me know if that didn''t help. > >Stefan > > >>Hi >> >>I am using the GridGroupingControl. I update the source datatable for the grid by doing a DataSet.Merge operation. At this time if the user is working on the grid and some cell is selected (it shows with a darker border), the dark bordering is lost when the merge happens. Because of this the user cannot figure out which cell is being edited. (If I just move the up/down key it shows up again) How can I prevent the cell from disappearing. >> >>Thanks >>Sameer >>

SP Sameer Patil May 16, 2005 08:12 AM UTC

Hi Stephan Any more ideas on this? Thanks Sameer

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 16, 2005 03:10 PM UTC

You can save the currentdisplay element before the merge and reset it after the merge. Here is a little sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_DataSetMerge_d0ea5990.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon