We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

"Index and length must refer..." error

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

28836 May 11,2005 11:03 AM May 25,2005 11:11 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: XlsIO
Allen Blackmore
Asked On May 11, 2005 11:03 AM

I''m receiving the error "Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length" when calling ExcelUtils.Open(). However, I''m able to copy and paste cells into a new spreadsheet and open that successfully. Are there any common causes of that error message? What can I check about the formatting, formulas, values, etc. of the original spreadsheet that could cause the error? There aren''t any charts, pivot tables, macros, or anything else I''d consider unusual. I''m using the 3.2 release candidate version.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 25, 2005 11:11 PM

Hi Allen, I am not sure what could be causing this problem. This usually occurs when ExcelRW produces some incorrect file structures. Was the file that you are trying to open created using ExcelRW?. If not could you please send us the file through Direc-Trac. Also, please try opening the file using the latest patch which I remember had a similar fix http://www.syncfusion.com/squiffler/patches/v3.2.1.1/syncfusionessentialstudiopatchsetup.exe Thanks, Stephen. >I''m receiving the error "Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length" when calling ExcelUtils.Open(). However, I''m able to copy and paste cells into a new spreadsheet and open that successfully. > >Are there any common causes of that error message? What can I check about the formatting, formulas, values, etc. of the original spreadsheet that could cause the error? There aren''t any charts, pivot tables, macros, or anything else I''d consider unusual. > >I''m using the 3.2 release candidate version.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;