We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

"Index and length must refer..." error

I''m receiving the error "Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length" when calling ExcelUtils.Open(). However, I''m able to copy and paste cells into a new spreadsheet and open that successfully. Are there any common causes of that error message? What can I check about the formatting, formulas, values, etc. of the original spreadsheet that could cause the error? There aren''t any charts, pivot tables, macros, or anything else I''d consider unusual. I''m using the 3.2 release candidate version.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 26, 2005 03:11 AM UTC

Hi Allen, I am not sure what could be causing this problem. This usually occurs when ExcelRW produces some incorrect file structures. Was the file that you are trying to open created using ExcelRW?. If not could you please send us the file through Direc-Trac. Also, please try opening the file using the latest patch which I remember had a similar fix http://www.syncfusion.com/squiffler/patches/v3.2.1.1/syncfusionessentialstudiopatchsetup.exe Thanks, Stephen. >I''m receiving the error "Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length" when calling ExcelUtils.Open(). However, I''m able to copy and paste cells into a new spreadsheet and open that successfully. > >Are there any common causes of that error message? What can I check about the formatting, formulas, values, etc. of the original spreadsheet that could cause the error? There aren''t any charts, pivot tables, macros, or anything else I''d consider unusual. > >I''m using the 3.2 release candidate version.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon