We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hidden tabpages

Hi, I am using tabControlAdv for my applications. My tab control has my different tab pages. I don’t my to show th header for each tab page. Basically I need to switch tabs programmatically switch between the tabes Based on user actions. 1.) How can I hide the tab page header? 2.) How to switch tabs programmatically , so that it fires both selectionChanging and selectionChnaged events get fired. I don’t want to lose these two events for sure. Thanks VS

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2005 08:39 PM UTC

Hi VS, The tab panel will hide itself if you set TabVisible = false for all of the tab pages. To programatically change tabs, you can set the SelectedIndex property. This will also fire the appropriate events. Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2005 09:25 PM UTC

Hi, What I was trying to do is that just hide the ''Tab'' on the tab strip. When I use tabvisible= true it shows me the ''Tab'' on the tabstrip. Basically I don’t’ want to show the header of a tabpage. What I am trying to do is save some real state by removing the tabstrip. Please let me know.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2005 09:53 PM UTC

I am really stuck with this. can we do that? VS

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2005 09:55 PM UTC

Hi VS, The TabPageAdv''s TabVisible property correctly hides the tab region of the TabPageAdv. However, when the TabVisible property is set to false for all the TabPageAdvs, the TabControlAdv expands and occupies the entire vacant tab region. This is the standard behavior even in Windows Forms TabControl and we have maintained similar behavior in our control too for consistency purposes. So it is not possible to save any real estate by hiding the tabs. Please refer to the test sample that illustrates this. We appreciate your cooperation and undertsanding on this issue. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2005 09:59 PM UTC

Hi VS, We have considered this as a feature request (feature# 160), and will add a bool property ReserveTabSpace to the TabControlAdv. When ReserveTabSpace is true the tab space will be left vacant and not be filled by the TabControlAdv. We will try our very best to implement the same at the earliest. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon