We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Multiple instances of Dock Manager

Hi, I have couple of very important questions about Dock Manager. I am already using One Dock Manger instance at my “Main Frame” level for the navigation at application level, like navigating between different module categories.. I am planning to use one Dock Manager instance at my module/screen level, for the navigation related for a module/screen.. Q#1 is it okay to use multiple instances of Dock Manager like as I described above? Or is there a better way to get same thing? Q#2 Can I change the distance between the tabs on a strip on left/right side? I don’t need the overlay feature, where two tabes overlay on each other. Your help would be much apprecited. regrds, David

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2005 08:25 PM UTC

Hi David, #1 While it isn''t possible to have a Form parent more than one DockingManager, you can place DockingManagers in your UserControls. I have attached a sample that demonstrates how to do this. #2 It is possible to control how the tabs for auto-hidden controls look by extending the DockingManager. Please take a look at this sample that demonstrates changing the color of the tabs. Unfortunately, I am not aware of a way to eliminate the overlay. That isn''t a feature we included, since the display difference is intended to communicate the fact that the two overlayed tabs are connected. If you pin one of them, the other will be pinned as well. This is in contrast to the separate auto-hide tabs, where pinning one will not affect the others. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc. >Hi, > >I have couple of very important questions about Dock Manager. > >I am already using One Dock Manger instance at my “Main Frame” level for the navigation at application level, like navigating between different module categories.. > >I am planning to use one Dock Manager instance at my module/screen level, for the navigation related for a module/screen.. > >Q#1 >is it okay to use multiple instances of Dock Manager like as I described above? Or is there a better way to get same thing? > >Q#2 >Can I change the distance between the tabs on a strip on left/right side? I don’t need the overlay feature, where two tabes overlay on each other. > >Your help would be much apprecited. > >regrds, >David > > > > > > > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon