We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Databound Grid with Virtual Columns(Cells)

I''m a newbie to the Essential Grid and I don''t understand how to accomplish the following: I want to have a grid which is databound but also has columns which are not databound. The unbound columns or cells will use the virtual mode capability to supply the value of the the virtual cells based upon the value of specific databound cells. In other words I have a grid with columns: "Order ID" ,"Customer ID", and "Sales Person ID" which are databound. The "Order ID" and "Sales Person ID" columns should b hidden. The unbound columns will be "Company Name" and Sales Person Name" and I need to supply the cell data for them based on their respective ID cells. The datasource is not a dataset so I have to supply the unbound values. Can someone please get me started here? I''m using VB.net so I would appreciate source examples in VB but at this point I settle for any help I can get.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 6, 2005 04:31 PM UTC

If you want to use a GridDataBoundGrid, the \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\DataBound\GDBGMultiHeader shows how to have unbound columns. If you want to use a GridGroupingControl, the \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\EmployeeTerritoryOrder shows how to have unbound columns.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon